Last Updated on
Throughout the years, snow shovels have come in handy in saving many frozen fingers and aching backs. From clearing sidewalks in homes to clearing city streets, snow shovels have continuously proved their value all over the globe.
Factually, whether in the basement or garage, snow shovels are part and parcel of our lives. Considerations are therefore mandatory to choose the right tool and equipment. You need an accessory that will make your shoveling done more easily and quickly. Essentially, we all want less tedious work with no back strains at all costs.
In that review, after exhaustive research, we present to you the best snow shovels 2019
Table of Content
- 1 EasyGoProducts EGP-SNOW-001 EasyGo Lever Shovel
- 2 True Temper 18-Inch Ergonomic Snow Shovel – 1603400
- 3 True Temper SnoBoss 26-Inch Ergonomic Poly Combo Snow Shovel
- 4 Suncast SC2700 20-Inch Snow Shovel/Pusher Combo with Wear Strip And D-Grip Handle
- 5 Snow Joe SHOVELUTION SJ-SHLV01 18-IN Strain-Reducing Snow Shovel w/ Spring Assisted Handle
EasyGoProducts EGP-SNOW-001 EasyGo Lever Shovel
The shovel is subject to comprehensive research from the University of Massachusetts. It is designed to reduce physical strain while virtually eliminating lower back stress for the user. Talk of an incredible product that will make the difference for you; and this shovel will be your home of value. It’s a far much easier tool to use compared to the traditional shovels.
- Safe- requires less physical strain hence greatly reduces related risk of back and heart injuries
- Fast- Extremely fast compared to most shovels. Outperforms even snow blowers.
- It has good depth and width hence moves a lot of snow.
- Comfortable and easy to use due to the wheeled design.
- High-quality ergonomic handle and a very durable blade.
- Not easy to maneuver in tight spaces
True Temper 18-Inch Ergonomic Snow Shovel – 1603400
Certainly, if you need a flexible, durable and pocket-friendly shovel then this is your product. Designed in different configurations, this snow shovel with an aluminum blade and hardwood handle is loved by many due to its superior durability.
It’s the most common in many homes and essentially a perfect shovel for many people except the tall ones. This is because it’s a little bit short for them.
- The hardwood handle is easy to fix
- Pocket-friendly with long-life.
- It has an ergonomic handle to get under the snow.
- It comes with a durable and lightweight aluminum blade.
- The hardwood pole used in making the handle is almost impossible to break.
- Not user-friendly to tall people
- The 18-inch aluminum blade adds some weight and makes it heavier than most plastic shovels
True Temper SnoBoss 26-Inch Ergonomic Poly Combo Snow Shovel
The SnoBosss 26-inch shovel has been built to keep snow from getting in your way. Its diversity lingers from its reversibility to the high capacity blade and the footstep; all for maximum reliability and leverage. Designed for flexibility and efficiency; nothing works better. By just turning it over, you are good to go in scrapping the tightest areas you may imagine of.
- Multiple grips and area for foot placement hence maximum leverage
- Reversible, can, therefore, be used to scrap tight areas like stairs, porches, and steps
- Nearly indestructible blade
- A versatile snow shovel free from rust
- Comfortable and ergonomic handle
- Steel wear may easily get damaged by an irregular pavement
- Relatively heavy and may sometimes require body power and muscle
Suncast SC2700 20-Inch Snow Shovel/Pusher Combo with Wear Strip And D-Grip Handle
Suncast has always been there to make our life easier. This shovel is no exception; it’s just the best classic snow shovel. Once you experience the comfort of using it, you can’t settle for lesser. It’s the most purchased on Amazon and has become a people-favorite and most ideal shovel for many homes.
The 20inch width blade moves a good amount of snow hence it’s very efficient. More to that it has a graphite blade that guarantees longevity compared to most plastics.
- Lightweight hence suitable for children as well
- Rust-free with a simple design very easy to use
- Has a wear strip for chopping ice
- Comfort D-grip handle better leverage
- Has a perfect 20-inch width hence can be easily used to push and lift snow effortlessly
- may not be the best for heavy ice
- The hardware may crack under heavyweight. It’s therefore not that suitable for pushing.
Snow Joe SHOVELUTION SJ-SHLV01 18-IN Strain-Reducing Snow Shovel w/ Spring Assisted Handle
Snoe Joe Solution is one of the best snow shovels to be invented in recent years. It has been specially designed to reduce all the straining shoveling puts on the lower back. Its designers added a pivoting rod in the form of a smaller handle just above the scoop. Being spring-assisted, this handle helps counterbalance each shovel scoop with your motions. This will enable you to stand up straighter while you work; greatly reducing the strain of your back and the force applied.
If you are looking for a shovel to make heavy lifting and moving a simplified process then this is your product. It applies the science of fulcrum to make work easier.
- Incorporates a phenomenal and revolutionary design that will go a long way in saving your back
- Lightweight increasing lifting leverage
- Utilizes the use of a fulcrum hence improves your posture
- Ergonomic and D-grip handle
- Fair price for the customer
- Weird looking
- Feels awkward on the first day of use
Factors to consider when picking a snow shovel
Before rushing for a certain shovel you must be guided by following fundamentals:
First and foremost is the handle length – Ensure the handle perfectly fits the human who will be using the shovel. You may also consider the ones with adjustable handles.
Blade material and blade width – the shovel mustn’t be too wide or too narrow. Let it match your specifications. Secondly, it’s of paramount importance to be well versed in the blade material. It should have the ability to efficiently shove snow without bending, cracking or breaking.
Ergonomic design – Do not forget to ascertain the ergonomic design. A good one will help reduce the effort required hence less fatigue and tediousness.
Lastly and not least the shovel must not stick in the snow. Otherwise, this will undermine performance and leave your body optimally exhausted.
Without a doubt, these are some of the best snow shovels available in the market today. However, since we all have the basics of the best snow shovels of 2019, who is the ultimate winner? Suncast SC2700 20-Inch Snow Shovel takes the crown. For one it emerges best overall due to its universal nature. It can comfortably be used by everyone in our social ecosystem; whether a giant or a child. Also, it comes with a 20-inch blade suitable for almost every application and a well-suited length for improved efficiency. As if that’s not enough it has been designed with an ergonomic solid steel handle that is super smooth and doesn’t budge under pressure. Simply put, the reliability which Suncast snow shovel brings along simply makes the removal of snow so easy and convenient.